Ek Nayi Umeed – Roshni is the new show offering from Life OK, and it dvelves into the journey of Roshni, a doctor with amazing human spirit and her values for patient’s life surpassing the rules and protocols of hospitals as they come secondary. She begins her journey with her studies to become cardiac surgeon in London, UK, and achieves it after overcoming many obstacles and she even heard not inspiring words from her superiors. During her medical science studies, she learns on how other doctors and seniors regard hope in their daily life, and about God. Roshni steers ahead to successfully pass her MRCS studies (postgraduate diploma for surgeons in the UK and Ireland) and then begins to work as a surgeon.
She goes on with her believe about patient’s life to be supreme and hospital rules comes in next order. She replies upfront to her colleague during surgery on how she won’t going to feel sorry or have regrets for her attempts to save a patient’s life. Also, Roshni going to meet people with whom she will be having different kind of relationships. In essence, the show depicts Dr. Roshni’s journey against all odds to save lives. The show Roshni going to start on 13th July 2015 @ 8 PM, and replaces Mahakumbh. Stay tuned to it on Life OK.
Some of the related shows currently on-air that fall in the genre similar to Ek Nayi Umeed – Roshni are Bindass TV’s Zindagi Wins, and DD National’s Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon (MKBKSH), which shows Dr. Sneha Mathur’s inspiring journey. MKBKSH’s homepage, Facebook, and Twitter page.
Some Info on Cast:
* Pooja Gor potrays the titular lead role of Roshni
– Pooja was born on 1st June, 1991 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
– Debut in NDTV Imagine’s Kitani Mohabbat Hai as Purvi in 2008, followed by the lead role of Pratigya in Star Plus show Mann ki Awaaz Pratigya [2009-2012].
– Some of her recent works: Contestant of Colors TV’s Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 5 , Host of Savdhaan India on Life [2013-present]
– Winner of Star Parivaar Awards in various categories in the years 2010 to 2012. Pooja’s Twitter page
* Amol Palekar
– Amol Palekar was born on 24th November 1944. He is legendary Indian actor, director and filmmaker having contributed in producing and directing movies in both Hindi and Marathi cinema.
– His most popular work has been of portraying the role of Ram Prasad Sharma/Lakshman Prasad Sharma in the movie Golmaal , and his directorial venture Paheli starring Shah Rukh Khan in 2005. He also worked in Indian TV industry and had last worked in Zee TV’s show Kareena Kareena [2004-2005]. Read more at his Wikipedia page.
* Divya Seth Shah
– She is a senior actress having worked in Dekh Bhai Dekh, Hum Log. Daughter of legendary actress Sushma Seth.
* Raghubir Yadav
– Raghubir Yadav is an Indian film, stage and television actor, music composer, singer and set designer. He made his film debut with Massey Sahib (1985) and played the titular role. Read more at his wikipedia page
* Rahul Vohra
– Rahul has worked in Bollywood movies – Monsoon Wedding, Swades and Bheja Fry, and also a theatre actor. In 2014, he was conferred with the French Honour in Arts: Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, for his contribution and work in French theatre. He joins the company of SRK, Sr. Bachchan and Aishwarya Bachchan to share such french honour.